The Indian Journal of Continuing Nursing Education (IJCNE) invites articles relevant to Nursing Education, Practice, Management and Research, that will contribute towards continuing competence in nursing.
It aims to support continued career competence and advance body of nursing knowledge through continuing nursing education and staff development.
The following forms have to be duly filled in and submitted along with the manuscript which is required for publication.
1. Copyright form
The IJCNE accepts original contributions that were not published are not being considered elsewhere and are not submitted simultaneously to another publication. This is to be authenticated by the copyright form duly filled in and signed by the author/s.
2. Declarative statement
Publication of any personal information about a patient in the IJCNE will require the signed consent of the patient.
For research article, provide the declarative statement regarding the following:
• Ethical clearance from the Institution Review Board/Ethics committee
• Approval from the funding agency if applicable
• Written informed consent for manuscripts that include human subjects
3. Conflicts of interest
To facilitate readers' determining the accuracy and value of published works, authors must disclose any financial or other competing interest that might cast doubt upon their impartiality. Relevant disclosures of potential conflicts include receipt of salaries, consulting fees, personal stock or research grants in products or services relevant to one's publication, or participation in a speakers' bureau for a product relevant to the study. Authors need to disclose potential conflicts of interest by filling the form for disclosure of potential conflicts of interest.
• Format - Title page - Abstract - Text - References.
• Title page - Includes only the title of the manuscript not exceeding 12 words. Abbreviations are avoided.
• Author information should be listed on a separate page. Includes name (s) of author(s) preferred form of an author's name is first name, middle initial (s), and last name, higher academic degree, designations, current position, and name of the institution, address for correspondence, telephone, fax number and e-mail address. In case of multiple authors, the names should be listed in the order of authorship with the consent from all authors. Omit all titles and degrees.
• Abstract should not exceed two hundred and fifty words and must describe the purpose of the article and the clinical implications. Research article abstract needs to have the purpose, study design, methods, results and clinical implications.
• Text - The format for writing the text depends on the type of article.
• References must conform to APA style and the author must assume responsibility for the accuracy of reference. Refer to manual of American Psychological Association 6th edition. Include the digital object identifier (doi) if available.
1. Journal - Single author
Author, A. A. (2011). Title of article. Title of Journal, Vol(No), actual page numbers. doi:
2. Journal - Two to seven authors
Author, A. A., & Author, B. B. (2011). Title of article. Title of Journal, Vol(No), actual page numbers. doi:
3. Journal - More than seven authors
Author, A. A., Author, B. B., Author, C. C., Author, D. D., Author, E. E., Author, F. F., . . . Author, Z. Z. (2011). Title of article. Title of Journal, Vol(No), actual page numbers. doi:
4. Journal - online article
Author, A. A. (2011). Title of article. Title of Journal, Vol(No), actual page numbers. Retrieved from http://www.apa.org/monitor/
5. Book - Single author
Author, A. A. (2011). Title of Book. Location: Publisher.
6. Book - online
Author, A. A. (2011). Title of Book. Retrieved from http://www.apa.org/monitor/
7. Book - Editors only
Editor, A. A. (Ed.). (2011). Title of Book. Retrieved from http://www.apa.org/monitor/
8. Book - More than one author
Author, A. A., & Author, B. B. (2011). Title of Book. Location: Publisher.
9. Chapter in a book (Single author)
Author, A. A. (2011). Title of chapter. In A. Editor, B. Editor & C. Editor (Eds.), Title of Book (pp.100-110). Location: Publisher.
10. Chapter in a book (More than one author)
Author, A. A., & Author, B. B. (2000). Title of chapter. In C.C. Editor (Ed.), Title of book (pp.517-552). Location: Publisher.
• Style - Present ideas in an orderly and precise manner. British and American spellings are acceptable.
• Typing and margin - Type with double space on one side of standard A4 size white bond paper with a minimum of a one inch margin on all four sides.
• Pages - Should be 8 to10 pages with not more than twenty seven lines of text on each page.
- Number all pages (except art work for figure) in the upper right hand corner starting from the title page.
• Tables - Tables should be typed double spaced on separate sheets and numbered with an Arabic numeral.
- Indicate their placements in the text.
- The maximum number of tables and figures can be only upto five per article.
- Do not duplicate tables and text.
• Figure legends - Each figure must have a corresponding legend, typed in double space on a separate sheet of paper and numbered with an Arabic numeral.
- Explain all symbols used.
• Copies - We receive manuscripts by mail as hard copy or CD or e-mail in Microsoft word format. However along with CD or e-mail, kindly send three copies of hard copy.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND REVIEW PROCESS:
All manuscripts will be peer reviewed. The review process will take a minimum of six months. The editors and the editorial board judge manuscripts suitable for publication and decision by the Editor-in-Chief are final. The decision of acceptance / rejection / recommendation for resubmission after revision will be intimated to the corresponding author. Rejected manuscript will be returned if self addressed and stamped envelope is enclosed. Please enclose a postage paid self addressed envelope for acknowledgement of receipt of manuscript. Manuscripts may be submitted via email. All research articles need to be submitted along with the copy right, declarative statement, and disclosure of conflict of interest forms. Other manuscripts require only copyright form.